September 5, 2010

Ninja Ring


A secret ninja weapon you can wear on your finger!



OK, it's really just another Whirlybird with scales as outer edging.



I was playing with my new scales from B3, made a few flower looking thingy, very fun.  Then, I realized scales can be substituted for the outer edge of pretty much any weave.


Here's my first experiment in using scales in a Whirlybird. Just do a simple strip of 3-row European 4-in-1 with scales as the middle row; then connect end to end like a normal Whirlybird. I added an HP-like ridge on both side to tighten the whole thing, they also even out the scales so they spread like sun rays, or flower petals, whatever.


Finding an "app" for this bird took a while. From the first moment it was done, it screamed "ninja secret weapon" to me; does it do that for you?  Any way, after a few tries, it settles as a finger ring.  Big, but still comfortable.  Definitely Not dainty:-)



I wonder how a pair of them may look as earrings? Hum...

No comments :

Post a Comment