March 20, 2012

Rainbow Crossing

I've always admired Rebeca Mojica's chainamaille work; that's why when her book "Chained" was published, it created a major buzz in our world of maille unlike any other had. Rightfully so, her book is a must have for anyone and everyone wanting to start, already mastered at, or just interested in the art of making chainmaille jewelry.

There are so many awesome designs in the book; but my love at first sight is the Japanese Cross pendant, right on the front cover.  Simple, Elegant, the spirit of Zen!  I recreated her design in this very colorful version; I called it Rainbow Crossing.


The wide array of colors bring out the fun and playful side of the Japanese weave, one of my favorite!  Instead of prim and proper, my Rainbow Crossing takes your eyes all over the inner working of the weave, following the brilliant hues, all the way up the cherry red cord, you cannot help but smile!!


Made of jump rings of multi colors enameled copper, bright aluminum, and stainless steel, the pendant measures at 1.5 inches long, 1.25 inches across, and is strung on a cherry red rubber cord, closes with a dainty sterling silver clasp.  The cord is 2mm thick, 18 inches long.


This item is also available for purchase in my ArtFire shop.

For more views of the pendant, click here.

//

No comments :

Post a Comment