June 27, 2014

Silver Blue Ghenghiz Cohen Bracelet

A while back, I made a silver-gold tone Ghenghiz Cohen bracelet with bright aluminum and jewelry brass rings, and it was very pretty, plus the weight was just right, not too light, not too heavy.  Although it often was mistaken for a couple of other weaves, like Orbital Berus, Vertebrae, even Garter Belt...  All from the Euro family, but each with its own unique pattern!

Recently, I received a request from a visitor to my online store to make one of these bracelets but in silver and blue.  Not the typical dark blues which are popular with chainmaille work, but a medium to lighter shade of blue, such as aqua or turquoise.  Lucky for me and my customer, Blue Buddha has these prettiest turquoise blue rings in anodized aluminum, and in the exact size for this weave too!!


Isn't this gorgeous?!


These anodized aluminum rings are slightly larger in diameter than the jewelry brass rings that I used in my original piece.  That's why you see a clearer pattern here.


I continue the same toggle design for the closure as well as it offers a simple and smooth transition without much interruption in the weave pattern.


So happy I was able to complete this bracelet in time for all the fun activities that Manola has in plan for the summer!!

7 1/2" long, 5/8" wide, and 3/8" thick, fairly light weight considering its presence:-)

Complete views of the bracelet available here.

Want one of these for a loved one or yourself?  I'll be happy to make you one (or two ;-) in your color choice(s), just check it out in my online studio and let me know your color options.

...@@@@@@@...







1 comment :