January 18, 2009

The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

OK, so the sun is not all that obvious, but you get the idea.

It started with the moon. Actually, I was going for a heart shape pendant, but the wire wasn't long enough, so I stopped short half way and turned it into a crescent moon. Then it sat on my desk for a long time, until last night when I read on the net something about the brightest star of this month hangs just off the moon. Well, there it is! And yes, it'll hold your eyeglasses nicely.

This is a piece done with only wire bending. Now I look at the final result, the connectors seem to add too much distraction to the simple idea. As a prototype, it'll do. But I'll try this again, with fused silver rings.

Time to get some butane refill for the micro torch...

2 comments :

  1. It may looks more interesting if you put some pretty beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that, but I wanted this to be a short and simple necklace, only 16", so the moon sits right on collar bone. Adding beads seems to over complicate things. Trying my best to keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete