October 24, 2010

Horsefeathers Earrings

Horsefeathers is a weave by Corvus, as well as the MWW weave challenge for Oct. 2010; it's an interesting variation of Half Persian 3-in-1, not complicated at all, but it did take me a while to figure out where the extra should go.

Once I confirmed that I got it thru the right "eyes", it went pretty fast.  But then, I also realized how different the 3 sides look, and that it's not going to be easy to keep it from rolling around if made into a bracelet.

Sooo.... I started looking for ways to stabilize it, something that will still show off its 3 different looks from top, side, and bottom.  And here's what I got: a pair of earrings with short strips of the weave connected top side inwards, does that make sense?  I mean, what shows as the outer rim of the earring is what's considered the bottom side of the weave, and the top side of the weave (where the extra rings are added) becomes the inside edge of the earring.  It's really not that bad; I should have taken a WIP picture..

Specs:

All bright aluminum rings, 1.2mm, AR 4.91 (except the smaller connector rings), makes for a pair of good size and light weight earrings.

No comments :

Post a Comment