June 5, 2013

Dancing in the Rainbow


A commissioned 3-piece set of jewelry, with lots of colors, lots of bling!


The finger ring


If this looks lots of fun to wear, it was even more fun to make!

The chainmaille portion is a fancy European 4 in 1, kind of a morphed Chrysanthemum.  Easy enough.

But the base took me a while....  a long while.  Many experiments, lots of testing; I finally settled on the technique I learned from Eni Oken's Ornate Ring, which I modified to make a separate ring base/shank like so....


which can then be used with many other ring applications.  Pretty snazzy, wouldn't you say?!



And here are the earrings with clip-on ear wire findings...


A colorful version of my chainmaille genie bottle line, a very embellished chainmaille Whirlybird.



And finally, the necklace!



* note *
I wanted to take more photos for the necklace but my camera has finally decided to quit.  Not blaming it; it's given me almost 10 years of fun and good time; not many electronic gizmos out there these days can last 10 months with non-stop performance.  Thank you, my little red Exilim!  I will miss you...

So, I'm now shopping for a new camera.  Suggestions/recommendations welcome!  When I'm back behind my new camera, I'll get more pix for this fancy, blingy necklace, provided its owner Eunice will loan this back to me for more photos:-)



No comments :

Post a Comment